Take Hair Removal to the Next Level
Unwanted hair is a common problem for both men and women. These problems can be a thing of the past when you choose Forever Bare BBL hair removal. Our laser is a state of the art medical grade laser called the Sciton Joule, this platform has many different lasers built into it. We offer safe and effective laser hair removal treatment to the face and body, providing a lasting alternative to shaving.
Forever Bare BBL is a comfortable treatment with virtually no downtime. During the treatment, pulsed light delivers photo thermal energy to hair follicles. The rapid, short pulses of light causes the hair follicle to stop producing hair without harming any surrounding tissue. Call 403-571-3141 today to schedule your laser hair removal consultation with Dr. Jeffrey C. Dawes!
Is Laser Hair Removal Right for Me?
Forever Bare BBL provides a treatment that is safe, fast, efficacious, and comfortable. The motion BBL technology allows for extremely even heating of hair follicles and minimizes missed areas. By increasing the temperature of the follicle to therapeutic levels gradually and keeping the skin protected with cooling, Forever Bare BBL can effectively treat most skin types.
Commonly treated areas:
- Bikini area
- Face or upper lip, chin and sideburns
How To Prepare For Laser Hair Removal?
To get the best results with the most subtle side effects, we recommend that you prepare for your laser hair removal treatment by doing the following:
- Stop waxing or plucking hair in the treatment area. These methods of hair removal take hair completely out of the follicle. For laser hair removal to work, it is necessary to have a short length of hair present in the follicles. Plucking and waxing must be avoided not only before starting laser hair removal but through the course of treatment.
- Shave a day or two before treatment. Shaving "cuts" hair to the shortest length before laser hair removal, which limits the amount of energy each strand of hair absorbs. Limiting the transfer of heat reduces the risk of discomfort and burns by ensuring that hair is only beneath the surface, well within the follicle.
- Refrain from tanning and excessive UV exposure. Laser hair removal is most effective when there is a good deal of contrast between hair color and skin tone. While newer devices have expanded this capacity, we advise patients to schedule their laser treatment during a time of year when their skin is untanned.
- Talk to your provider about all medications and supplements you take. Some medications and supplements can make the skin more sensitive to light. Retinoids and photosensitizing drugs (including some essential oils) should be avoided, if possible, before laser hair removal. While some prescription medications cannot be stopped, such as birth control pills, it is important to inform your provider about their use so they may adjust your treatment if necessary.
What Is The Recovery And Aftercare For Laser Hair Removal?
Since not all hairs are in the same growth stage at the same time, multiple treatments are necessary to target all hair in the treatment site. The number of treatments is highly dependent on each patient’s skin, hair type, amount of hair, and location of hair, among others. On average, clients will have anywhere from 3-6 treatments applied at 4-6 week intervals depending on their specific situation and goals. Treatments are spaced out according to the hair growth cycle of the treatment area; Face 6-8 weeks; Underarms and bikini 6-8 weeks; back and legs 8-10 weeks. If you want to enjoy a hair free summer, you will need to start treatments before, in late fall or early winter.
Are There Any Risks Or Side Effects With The Laser Hair Removal Procedure?
While laser hair removal is generally considered safe, it is important that patients receive this treatment only from a trained professional. Doing so ensures proper skills using the technology offered and a diminished risk of unwanted side effects, which could include:
- Redness and irritation. These two side effects are the most common after laser hair removal due to the effect of light energy on the hair follicles. Redness, irritation, swelling, and tenderness may occur to some extent after every laser hair removal session. They may be reduced by applying cold compresses to the skin or taking a cool shower.
- Crusting. Laser hair removal may cause minor bleeding or the release of pus or sebum (oil) from some of the treated hair follicles. These substances may dry on the epidermis and, while not concerning, can be inconvenient. To remove tiny crusts, clean the skin with water and a soft cloth. It is also helpful to take good care of the skin by using mild soaps and moisturizers to keep the area hydrated as it heals.
- Skin discoloration. There is a possibility for changes in skin color after laser hair removal. To reduce this risk, consult with an experienced provider who is well-educated regarding the potential effects of light-based therapies on all skin types.
"I had a wonderful experience at Dr. Dawes’ office. I went in for the first time to receive laser hair removal and my nurse Ashley did an incredible job. She explained the procedure thoroughly and was happy to answer any of my questions. She made me feel comfortable and made the experience delightful. The entire staff was super friendly and welcoming, I would highly recommend their services. Thank you to everyone on the team!" - J.G.
Call Dr. Dawes For Laser Hair Removal In Calgary, AB!
This depends on your lifestyle. If you can avoid prolonged sun exposure then yes, you can get laser treatments in the summer. If you plan on being outside in the sun without protection (SPF & a hat) then we would recommend that you postpone your treatments until the fall or winter.
Typically no. Our registered nurse/laser technician can assess you to determine whether you are a candidate for laser. Depending on the treatment and the area being treated there are different recommendations but in general, the skin must not be tanned in order to have a laser treatment.
This depends on what type of treatment you are undergoing. BBL treatments are not painful. The halo laser will feel hot and you will experience some pain for about 45-60 minutes after the treatment but then it completely goes away and is quite tolerable. Deep resurfacing laser treatments are painful but our office provides many forms of pain relief including oral, topical and local anesthetic.
Laser hair removal is a long-lasting, semi-permanent solution for unwanted hair. Most people who undergo this treatment do not need a touch-up for at least two years. Some go six years or more before a touch-up treatment is needed. Eventually, hair does grow back but, when it does, it is usually much lighter and finer than it was previously. The density, or the number of hairs, is also much less in regrowth than it was naturally, but this may depend on various factors, including the area that was treated and the coarseness of the natural hair at the time of treatment.
In order to achieve the expected long-lasting results from laser hair removal, it is necessary to see the hair growth cycle through its entirety. To do this may take 6 to 8 sessions for most people. There may be instances in which additional sessions are needed. For example, if the hair is very coarse and does not thin as quickly as hair that is finer. Because every person's hair growth cycle may be slightly different from others, it is difficult to predict exactly how the body will respond to each session. Treatment estimates are made based on data from clinical studies performed over the many years that laser hair removal has been performed.
The Forever Bare BBL system is not like traditional hair reduction devices. Rather than applying focused energy all at once, our platform is designed with motion technology that delivers low fluence energy in multiple pulses. This raises the temperature in the hair follicles gradually and in a more controlled manner. Additionally, the Forever Bare BBL handpiece features a sapphire plate that continually cools the skin's surface so, even at maximum power, it is protected during and after treatment. These multi-burst and cooling methods have been proven to work safely and effectively on more skin types than were previously possible, including darker skin (up to type V).
It is very likely that you will see immediate hair reduction after your very first Forever Bare BBL treatment. This may not include all hair in the treatment area, and the hair that does shed may start to grow back in between sessions. In the vast majority of cases, the hair that does grow back is much lighter, thinner, and finer than it was before. By the end of the proposed treatment program of 6 to 8 sessions, hair reduction should last for at least two years before fine regrowth is noticed.