9 benefits of eyelid surgery
- Posted on: Jan 15 2020
If you’re tired of people asking you if you’re tired when they look at you, then it may be time to talk with your doctor about ways to improve the appearance of your eyelids. Eyelid surgery—also known as blepharoplasty—is a popular procedure to help you look more rejuvenated and even improve vision for some patients. Here are some of the biggest benefits to getting it done:
- You will look more youthful. Eyelid surgery removes excess skin that disturbs the natural contour of the upper eyelids and provides a youthful definition.
- You will appear more rested. Eyelid surgery removes fatty deposits above and below the eyelids that make them appear puffy and eliminates bags and dark circles under the eyes.
- Your vision may improve. While many people elect to have eyelid surgery for aesthetic reasons, others have functional reasons for the procedure. Aging causes the muscles that lift the upper eyelid to slowly become weak. Tightening the muscle and ligament can help improve vision. Even patients who have elected surgery for cosmetic reasons may notice improved vision.
- It helps with wrinkles and lines under the eyes. Lower eyelid surgery removes excess skin and treats fine wrinkles of the lower eyelid.
- It can improve dark, sunken-looking eyes. A fat transfer may be done to the “hollowed out” areas around your eyes.
- It can help reduce headaches. The muscles in your upper eyelids are often strained from having to lift sagging skin to see more clearly, thus causing headaches.
- No visible scars. Tiny incisions are made in the natural crease of the eyelid for upper eyelid surgery, while incisions are made just below the lash line or on the inside of the lower lid for lower eyelid surgery.
- Pain is minimal. There usually is little pain during surgery, and eyelid tissue begins to heal the moment the procedure has been completed. It will take a couple weeks for swelling and bruising to subside.
- The results are long-lasting. Eyelid surgery can correct certain conditions permanently, and most patients won’t need additional eyelid surgeries. Sun protection will help you maintain results.
Eyelid surgery can be done in combination with other procedures and treatments to restore a more youthful appearance to your face. Call 403.571.3141 today to book a consultation with Dr. Dawes and learn how eyelid surgery could benefit you.
Posted in: Uncategorized