Do you wish you had movie-star quality eyelashes? It is not a silly wish at all – the eyelashes can form a frame for your beautiful eyes and make them even more stunning. Unfortunately, eyelashes often aren’t as lush as we would like them to be. Read on for 7+ facts about eyelashes and Latisse, a treatment that can help you to have the lashes you long for.
There are some medical conditions or treatments, such as chemotherapy, that can cause excessive eyelash loss – but it is also perfectly normal to lose a few eyelashes every day. As you are also probably aware, eyelashes are extremely delicate and easily torn out when you are taking off makeup or even using an eyelash curler.
However, if you are tired of thinning lashes and want to do something about it, Latisse can help. Here are some things you should know:
1. Latisse can help to give you longer and thicker lashes, without makeup.
2. It is not available over the counter; it is only available from your doctor. You’ll be given an at-home treatment to apply to the upper lashes every night before bed. You don’t need to apply it to your lower lashes, as it will get on your lower lashes when you blink.
3. Latisse is safe to use and FDA approved. It was originally used to treat glaucoma.
4. You’ll start to notice darker, longer, fuller lashes in about 2 months, and you’ll see full results in about 4 months.
5. You should remove contacts before you apply Latisse, and wait for 15 minutes after application before you reinsert them.
6. Latisse will work best if you don’t wear mascara and use Latisse at the same time. It is all right to apply Latisse before bed at night and then put mascara on in the morning.
7. Once you start using Latisse, you need to keep using it or your eyelashes will return to how they used to look.
Beautiful eyes are made even more gorgeous when they are framed by long, lush lashes. For more information about Latisse, call the office of Jeffrey C. Dawes, MD, FRCSC Plastic and Dermatologic Surgery in Calgary. Call (403) 571-3141 today!