Recovering from a surgical procedure on your buttocks can be a delicate matter – after all, how are you supposed to rest and relax when you can’t properly sit down? It can be tricky, but following instructions for a proper recovery is very important. Read on for what you can expect after your butt lift procedure.
What will recovery from a butt lift be like?
In a Brazilian butt lift procedure, fat is taken from one area of the body and placed into the buttocks, to give you a toned backside with curves in all the right places. There is very little risk of complications, because the fat that is being used is from your own body. However, there are some things you should know about your recovery period:
• You should avoid doing anything too strenuous, such as working out, for at least 6 weeks. Less-strenuous exercise, such as walking or yoga, may be all right, although you should ask your doctor first.
• You should avoid putting weight on your buttocks. Limit how much time you spend sitting until the pain and swelling have gone down, and after that, when you do sit, use a soft pillow. When you lie down, sleep on your side or your stomach for the first few weeks after the procedure.
• Make sure you take time to recover. Relax, rest, and pamper yourself. Enlist friends and family for help around the house and with running errands (after all, you shouldn’t be sitting in the car, either!). You should plan on missing work for about 2 weeks.
• You will need to wear a compression garment for about 2 weeks after the procedure.
• Don’t be disappointed if you don’t see the results you were hoping for right away. It will take time for the swelling to go down.
Of course, your doctor will give you detailed instructions to follow after your butt lift procedure – make sure to follow them, and take good care of yourself. If you are interested in a butt lift procedure, call the office of Jeffrey C. Dawes, MD, FRCSC Plastic and Dermatologic Surgery. Call (403) 571-3141 today!